Learning Library Purpose
Fitness + Nutrition for Wedding Photographers
We talk a lot here at the Wedding School about the actual art of photography. What lenses to use, how to light a wedding reception, how to compose a good image, and then how to sell your work. Marketing, business, branding : these are the things that you think of when you think of wedding photography education.
However, our desire is not to just teach you the skills to shoot or market, our goal is to keep you in business for years – dare we even say decades – to come. Beyond the basics of photography skills and business, it’s important that we care for our bodies. That involves fitness and nutrition, two overlooked areas in wedding photography education!
In this course from Amanda Picone, we will discuss the following:
- How to fuel yourself on a wedding day and why you won’t want a vendor meal anymore!
- Why water is crucial to staying hydrated : and how to drink enough without spending all day in the bathroom.
- Cooler suggestions for bringing food to a wedding.
- What to pack to eat, how to pack it, and when to fit a meal into a busy wedding day.
- How to set and stick to fitness and nutrition habits.
- What to wear (including shoes!) to get through a long wedding day.
- How to care for your body by using the right gear and bags : and how to pick them up properly!
- Posture while sitting at your computer desk, and how to not ruin your body by sitting all day.
- When to push yourself, and when to seek medical advice.
- How to stretch – and when to stretch – before and after a wedding.
- Posture on a wedding day, and why it’s so important.
- Body weight exercises, a how to : everything from squats to wall sits, crunches to planks.
- Weighted exercises and how to do them properly : chest press, bicep curls, tricep extensions, rows, lunges, and more.
- How to balance workouts during the week.
We hope that this series of classes will help you not just survive wedding days, but thrive! No more “wedding hangover”, no more feeling like you were hit by a truck the next morning! Enjoy!