Learning Library Post-Production
DVLOP Preset Tutorial
This DVLOP preset tutorial by Susan Stripling will detail the use of each of the five presets that she has created for DVLOP. These presets include (with descriptions written by Susan for the DVLOP site):
- All We See Is Sky : Today is going to be a good day, and here’s why : because here is a crisp, clean preset designed to make your images pop. Unfussy and to the point, a great primer preset for all situations. I use this as a starter on 99% of my images.
- Curious Cat : Feline, fearless, faithful and true. A vibrantly simple preset with added warmth, perfect for sunny days or when you need a little glow to your images. I use this when I need a little extra kick to my naturally lit images.
- Dead Girl Walking : Let’s make this beautiful. A super versatile black and white preset for all types of images. Kind to shadows and highlights alike, with great depth and nuance. I use this every time I need a black and white, it works in all situations and scenarios.
- I Believe : I would like to share with you the most amazing preset. Designed to pop even the drabbest of reception images, this one is built for flash and artificial light. Hello!
- Rise Up : Every action’s an act of creation with this preset designed for artificial light. Warm up your final image, and then go buy Hamilton tickets with all the time and money you just saved editing.
(In case you can’t tell, Susan has a bit of a thing for musical theatre…)
Using presets is part of Susan’s wedding photography post-production workflow. These five presets were created to work beautifully with her style of shooting. They are great presets for use in natural light, flash, and artificial light as well. Clean, versatile, and simple : just like Susan’s wedding photography work.
This DVLOP preset tutorial will give you an overview on how to work these DVLOP presets, the kinds of images each preset works best with, and how to use the DVLOP tone curves and palettes to create your own user presets! Enjoy!