Wedding Fundamentals Wedding Skills
Wedding Skills Handbook
Susan Stripling began her wedding photography educational career by writing textbooks much like this wedding skills handbook. Wedding skills is one of the five pillars of education here on The Wedding School, and it’s so important to Susan that she wrote a whole handbook about it!
What are wedding skills? Weddings skills are the intangible things that we as wedding photographers know. It’s everything above and beyond “What shutter speed do you use in a dark church?” and “How do you light family formals?” Weddings skills are specific to weddings, and this wedding skills handbook will explain and illustrate all of them in extraordinary, well-illustrated detail.
This wedding skills handbook has many sections with detailed chapters. The table of contents is as follows:
PREPPING FOR THE WEDDING DAY
- Prepping For the Wedding
- Timing the Timeline
- The First Look: Will They or Won’t They
- Learning About Religion Before the Wedding Day
- Do I Need A Second Shooter?
- Do I Need An Assistant?
THE PREPARATION OF THE BRIDE AND/OR GROOM
- Shooting The Details
- Shooting The Dress
- Shooting The Shoes
- Shooting The Rings
- The Getting Dressed Process
- The First Look
PORTRAITS AND CEREMONY
- Photographing the Bride Alone
- Posing the Bride
- Portraits of the Bride and Groom
- Choosing Your Location
- Posing Your Bride and Groom
- Dealing with Difficult Conditions
- Bridal Party Portraits
- Family Formal Portraits
- When the Family Formal Conditions Are Not Ideal
- When To Take the Family Formal Portraits
- The Ceremony
- Cocktail Hour
- First Dance and Parent Dances
- Toasts and Blessings
- The Party
- What To Do While Guests Are Eating
- Unexpected Reception Situations
This nearly one hundred page textbook will explain each of these scenarios in great detail. If you have any questions at all about any of these aspects of the day, you’ll have all of those questions answered in this easy to read handbook!